A special announcement from the DC Farm to School Network: Looking for an excuse for a night out this Friday? Look no further! On January 22nd you can support locally-owned restaurants, the sustainable local food economy, and Washington, DC kids! The DC Farm to School Network’s Local Restaurants for Local Kids fundraiser is happening at some of the best restaurants in the District.
Several local food and drink hot spots are generously donating a portion of their proceeds to the DC Farm to School Network this Friday. The DC Farm to School Network is an organization that works to bring healthy, local produce into DC public school cafeterias. By simply enjoying a delicious snack, cocktail, or dinner at one of the great participating restaurants, you will help to improve access to healthy, tasty and local foods in D.C. schools!
DC Farm to School Network volunteers will be available at the restaurants, ready to answer questions or chat with you about our work. We look forward to seeing you at the restaurants below—tell your friends! We’re also looking for more volunteers – email Lauren@dcgreens.org if you’re interested.
Learn more about the DC Farm to School Network at www.dcfarmtoschool.org
Note: Obviously some of these are more family-friendly (e.g. Clyde’s) than others (note PS 7′s and Bread & Brew’s offers are only in their lounge/bar areas) — but all are appropriate for a parents’ night out.
- Busboys & Poets
- 5th and K Street NW (Mt. Vernon Sq. Metro)
- 14th and V Street NW (U St. Metro)
- 4251 S. Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA
- Coppi’s Organic (from 6pm-11pm), 1414 U Street NW (U St. Metro)
- Eatonville, 2121 14th Street NW (U St. Metro)
- Bar Pilar, 1833 14th Street NW (U St. Metro)
- Farmers & Fishers (All day!), 3000 K Street NW (Georgetown Waterfront—Foggy Bottom Metro)
- 3236 M Street NW (Foggy Bottom Metro)
- 707 7th Street NW (Gallery Place Metro)
- 5441 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD (Friendship Heights Metro)
- PS 7′s (Lounge from 4pm-2am), 777 I Street NW (Gallery Place Metro)
- Bread and Brew (5-8pm in bar), 1247 20th Street NW (Dupont Circle Metro)
- Cafe Saint-Ex, 1847 14th Street NW (U St. Metro)
- ris (Proceeds from seasonal cocktail & appetizers after 4:30pm), 2275 L Street NW (Foggy Bottom Metro)
Thursday, January 21st — Blue Ridge, 5:30pm-10:30pm, 2340 Wisconsin Avenue NW