FoodieTots.com

FoodieTots.com header image 2

Local Farm-to-Street Party in DC

July 15th, 2011 · 16 Comments

Washington, DC’s first ever Farm-to-Street Party takes place tomorrow, Saturday, July 16, on V Street, NW, between 13th and 14th Streets. (Right outside Busboys & Poets.)

eat local first

Part of the inaugural Eat Local First DC local foods week, the Street Party will feature activities for kids, a chance to soak Busboys & Poets owner Andy Shallal in a dunk tank, a pie-eating contest, and of course, locally-sourced food, beer and wine. The event is sponsored by Think Local First, a coalition of locally-owned businesses supporting sustainable economic development in DC. Buy tickets online ($15, includes 2 food tickets) or at the door.

Tags: around DC · eatLocalDC · events · foodietots in dc

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 Maureen Spagnolo // Jul 17, 2011 at 10:55 am

It was a good idea, and the response from our community was great! However, the actual FOOD was a big disappointment! for the admission price of $15 one could get two small “sliders” with meat (I’m a vegetarian), or two small cups of melted yogurt! I know that there were some other options – which were all gone by the time we got there (2.30). And was else did our admission price get us? The music was disappointing – and intermittent – and …? I hope it’s better next year. A lot of people went home hungry, and disappointed. The highlight was the pie-eating contest – and I have some great photos!

• 2 Alma Joy // Jul 23, 2011 at 7:48 am

Great thoughts!I like to eat vegetables than meat,now i like to watch pie eating contest i am looking forward to see that here.please share to us.Thanks!
    Alma Joy´s last blog post ..InvestingMy ComLuv Profile

• 3 Tyler // Jul 24, 2011 at 4:21 am

I would love to know the results of the eating contests. Looking forward to hear from you soon. :)
    Tyler´s last blog post ..cheap car insuranceMy ComLuv Profile

• 4 Nella // Jul 25, 2011 at 9:21 am

Oh, I love local food markets, we should all think local first when it comes to food! I hope you had great time!
    Nella´s last blog post ..Ist Ihre Ernährung Ihre Zähne beeinflussen?My ComLuv Profile

• 5 Nicole // Jul 29, 2011 at 6:38 am

Yes local food market is good.When you say its contest i think we will enjoy that by watching who’s the fastest.
    Nicole´s last blog post ..Guilty Pleasures In LifeMy ComLuv Profile

• 6 Karen Dreichtvonskie // Jul 31, 2011 at 10:55 pm

We have this kind of event back in a small town where I came from in Germany so I definitely went after I extensively begged my cousin to take me.I wanted to join the pie eating contest but there’s no way my uptight cousin would let me,hahahaha!
    Karen Dreichtvonskie´s last blog post ..Dating Dillema – How to Break-upMy ComLuv Profile

• 7 Andy Clint // Aug 18, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I wished I had attended the Farm-to-Street Party …
    Andy Clint´s last blog post ..Gay Or Lesbian Singles Maybe Relocation Is The Answer?My ComLuv Profile

• 8 Robin // Sep 12, 2011 at 8:19 pm

WOW!!This is fantastic!!I am hoping I can have the same party and enjoy it…Thanks for the inspiration then…
    Robin´s last blog post ..Aquarama 2011 Arowana Competition ResultsMy ComLuv Profile

• 9 Joseph Sanchez // Sep 29, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Local foods from the market are much safer and healthier. Many existing foods nowadays that are not safe. Let us consider first our local foods for safer.
    Joseph Sanchez´s last blog post ..Before Grain Cat FoodMy ComLuv Profile

• 10 Dan // Oct 3, 2011 at 3:02 am

I actually had a chance to meet Andy. Very cool guy :)

Looking forward to next year!
    Dan´s last blog post ..Buy Arena RatingMy ComLuv Profile

• 11 Sherene // Oct 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I was there. I enjoyed music from local artists, cool off in a dunking booth, took part in children’s activities with my son. Wonderful event.
    Sherene´s last blog post ..career organizingMy ComLuv Profile

• 12 Amy // Nov 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Me too! I always try to buy local when I can, though unfortunately there’s not a lot of choice where I live.

Looking forward to next year though!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Hairstyles 2012My ComLuv Profile

• 13 just // Feb 10, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Do you have got a spam downside on this website; I also am a blogger, and I used to be wondering your situation; we have created some nice practices and we have a tendency to are looking to swap solutions with alternative folks, please shoot me an email if interested.

• 14 military dating free // Jun 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm

You could definitely see your expertise within the work you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

• 15 Julian // Oct 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is
    time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this
    article. I desire to read even more things about it!

my blog post: Julian

• 16 kim kardashian sextape // Mar 6, 2014 at 7:04 am

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again
    here frequently. I’m quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!